The Umbwe Route is steeper and shorter than the Machame Route. Once at the Barranco Hut you continue on with the other Machame hikers. The descent is down the Mweka trail.
Since it is a very short and direct route, it is not recommended for people with little altitude experience.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Umbwe Gate, Hike to Umbwe Cave Camp
- DAY 2: Umbwe Cave Camp to Barranco Camp
- DAY 3: Hike Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
- DAY 4: Hike Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
- DAY 5: Hike Barafu Camp to Summit, down to Mweka Camp
- DAY 6: Hike Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate, drive to Moshi
- Trekking to the highest mountain in Africa
- Climb Kili in 6 days
LOCATIONS: Moshi, Tanzania
ACTIVITIES: Mountain Trekking