The Rongai Route is one of the easiest routes and the success rate is very high.
The route starts on the north side of the mountain just south of the Kenyan border, and is one of the least traveled routes. The descent is down the Marangu Route on the south side of the mountain, so climbers see the mountain from many view points.
The drive to the trail head takes about 3 hours from Moshi through many villages and coffee plantations, including a stop to register climbing permits at Marangu.
The Rongai Route can also be accessed from Amboseli National Park in Kenya. Allow 2 hours including border crossing. We will need copies of passports ahead of time.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Rongai Gate (Nale Moru), Hike to Simba Camp
- DAY 2: Hike Simba Camp to Second Cave
- DAY 3: Hike Second Cave to Third Cave
- DAY 4: Hike Third Cave to Kibo Hut
- DAY 5: Hike Kibo Hut to Summit, and down to Horombo Hut
- DAY 6: Hike Horombo Hut to trail head, drive to Moshi
- Trekking to the highest mountain in Africa
- Climb Kili in 6 days
ACTIVITIES: Mountain Trekking